P.O. Box 656
707 Martin St.
Bay City, MI
PRO-SET Epoxies can and should be used safely. To use
PRO-SET epoxies safely, you must understand their hazards
and take precautions to avoid them.
PRO-SET Resins may cause moderate skin irritation.
PRO-SET Hardeners are corrosive and may cause severe skin
irritation. Resins and hardeners are also sensitizers and
may cause an allergic reaction similar to poison ivy.
Susceptibility and the severity of a reaction varies with
the individual. Although most people are not sensitive to
PRO-SET Resins and Hardeners, the risk of becoming
sensitized increases with repeated contact. For those who
become sensitized, the severity of the reaction may
increase with each contact. The hazards associated with
resins and hardeners also apply to the sanding dust from
epoxy that has not fully cured. These hazards decrease as
resin/hardener mixtures reach full cure. To handle PRO-SET
epoxies safely, we recommend that you observe the
- Avoid contact with resin, hardeners, mixed epoxy and
sanding dust from epoxy that is not fully cured. Wear
protective gloves and clothing whenever you handle
PRO-SET Epoxies. Barrier skin creams provide additional
protection. If you do get resin, hardener or mixed epoxy
on your skin, remove it as soon as possible. Resin is
not water soluble -- use a waterless skin cleanser to
remove resin or mixed epoxy from your skin. Hardener is
water soluble -- wash with soap and warm water to remove
hardener or sanding dust from your skin. Always wash
thoroughly with soap and warm water after using epoxy.
Never use solvents to remove epoxy from your skin.
Stop using the product if
you develop a reaction. Resume work only after the
symptoms disappear, usually after several days.
When you resume work, improve your safety
precautions to prevent exposure to epoxy, its
vapors and sanding dust. If problems persist,
discontinue use and consult a physician.
- Protect your eyes from contact with resin, hardeners,
mixed epoxy, and sanding dust by wearing appropriate eye
protection. If contact occurs, immediately flush the
eyes with water under low pressure for 15 minutes. If
discomfort persists, seek medical attention.
- Avoid breathing concentrated vapors and sanding dust.
PRO-SET epoxies have low VOC content, but vapors can
build up in unvented spaces. Provide ample ventilation
when working with epoxy in confined spaces, such as boat
interiors. When adequate ventilation is not possible,
wear a NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety
and Health) approved respirator with an organic vapor
cartridge (NIOSH Approval #TC-23C). Provide ventilation
and wear a dust mask when sanding epoxy, especially
uncured epoxy. Breathing uncured epoxy dust increases
your risk of sensitization. Although epoxy cures quickly
to a sandable solid, it may take over two weeks at room
temperature, or post-curing, to cure completely.
- Avoid ingestion. Wash thoroughly after handling epoxy,
especially before eating or smoking. If epoxy is
swallowed, drink large quantities of water -- DO NOT
induce vomiting. Because hardeners are corrosive, they
can cause additional harm if vomited. Call a physician
immediately. Refer to First Aid procedures on the Material Safety Data Sheet.
- Clean up spills with a scraper, collecting as much
material as possible. Follow up with absorbent towels.
Use sand, clay or other inert absorbent material to
contain large spills. DO NOT use saw dust or other fine
cellulose materials to absorb hardeners. Clean resin or
mixed epoxy residue with acetone, lacquer thinner or
alcohol. Follow all safety warnings on solvent
containers. Clean Hardener residue with warm soapy
water. Uncontaminated resin or hardener may be reclaimed
for use. DO NOT dispose of hardener in trash containing
saw dust or other fine cellulose materials --
spontaneous combustion can occur.
- Dispose of resin, hardener and empty containers
safely. Puncture a corner of the can and drain residue
into the appropriate new container of resin or hardener.
Do not dispose of resin or hardener in a liquid state.
Waste resin and hardener can be mixed and cured (in
small quantities) to a non-hazardous inert solid.
CAUTION! Pots of curing epoxy can get hot enough to
ignite surrounding combustible materials and give off
hazardous fumes. Place pots of mixed epoxy in a safe and
ventilated area, away from workers and combustible
materials. Dispose of the solid mass only if cure is
complete and the mass has cooled. Follow federal, state
or local disposal regulations.
- PRO-SET products are intended for use by professional
or technically qualified persons only. Regularly updated
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS),
are available from your PRO-SET distributor. Refer to
the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
and product label for specific product safety
For additional safety information contact Pro-Set,
Inc. at 888-377-6738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.